The Division of EM is once again pleased to host its annual course “Introduction to ED Point of Care Ultrasound”
Date: July 5th, 2018.
Course content is aimed at practitioners who are beginning their pathway to competence in point of care ultrasound.
This course will emphasize fundamental techniques in image acquisition and interpretation of 7 applications of point of care ultrasound in the ED.
Topics covered will include:
- Presence of intra-peritoneal fluid? (Yes/No)
- Presence of abdominal aortic aneurysm? (Yes/No)
- Presence of pericardial fluid? (Yes/No)
- Presence of cardiac activity during arrest? (Yes/No)
- Presence of pneumothorax (Yes/No)
- Presence of a pleural effusion (Yes/No)
- Presence of an intra-uterine pregnancy? (Yes/No)
This course will feature an outstanding faculty to learner ratio for hands-on sessions as well as innovative image interpretation sessions. These small group sessions emphasize image interpretation skills and serve as intimate venues to reinforce clinical integration pathways.
The course director is Dr. Heather Hames. Bedside instructors will include faculty from within the Division of EM’s experienced group of point of care sonographers.
If you have interest in attending as a participant please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org (please include Emergency Course in the subject line).