The 2013 Critical Care Ultrasound course was a tremendous success. This 2 day course that took place over Aug 22-23 at CSTAR at University Hospital was regarded as the most successful course to date. The sold out course lead 36 participants through lung and pleural ultrasound, vascular access and a full day of critical care echocardiography. The course benefited from a deep roster of extremely talented instructors that allowed to provide a 2:1 participant to faculty ratio. We are already planning for next year’s course – mark your calendar for August 21-22, 2014! See some pictures from this year’s course below.
Top Rated Ultrasound Book: Point-of-Care Ultrasound
- UltraRounds May 1, 2017 at 11:00 am – 12:30 pm UltraRounds Mon, May 1, 2017 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone. https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/924008093 You can also dial in using your phone. Canada +1 (647) 497-9353 Access Code: 924-008-093 More phone numbers United States +1 (571) 317-3129 First GoToMeeting? Try a test session: http://help.citrix.com/getready
- UltraRounds May 29, 2017 at 11:00 am – 12:30 pm UltraRounds Mon, May 29, 2017 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone. https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/562759437 You can also dial in using your phone. Canada +1 (647) 497-9350 Access Code: 562-759-437 More phone numbers United States +1 (646) 749-3129 First GoToMeeting? Try a test session: http://help.citrix.com/getready
- UltraRounds June 26, 2017 at 11:00 am – 12:30 pm UltraRounds Mon, Jun 26, 2017 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone. https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/187731277 You can also dial in using your phone. Canada +1 (647) 497-9391 Access Code: 187-731-277 More phone numbers United States +1 (646) 749-3129 First GoToMeeting? Try a test session: http://help.citrix.com/getready
- RT @ACEP_EUS: Bedside US 94.7% sens, 93.5% spec for forearm fx in this peds study of 169 pts. ↓ pain and time compared to XR. https://t.co… 2 months ago
- Introduction to ED Point of Care Ultrasound 2017 westernsono.ca/2017/01/23/int… https://t.co/9pL7TYP7aa 3 months ago
- RT @laurieMcGillEM: Great article: Point-of-care ultrasound for non-angulated distal forearm fractures in childre... https://t.co/TVGaeJyKO… 4 months ago
- RT @UAlberta_CCUS: Focused LV assessment: A short tutorial, #ABaCCUSRounds. @UAlberta_ICU @UAlberta_FoMD @UAlbertaAnesth #FOAMus #POCUS htt… 4 months ago
- RT @Matt_tee_Dee: Nice case @VanAaaarsen @EmergGuy @emergencylondon. Grade A nasty. Young Male With Neck Pain annemergmed.com/article/S0196-… 5 months ago
The 2015 Critical Care Ultrasound Course will be offered August 20-21, 2015. This annual course is offered as the official course of our Critical Care training program and is attended by all critical care fellows. Further, it will be the most comprehensive course offered in the country for the intensivist or resuscitative physician who seeks to […]
It is hard to believe that only one year ago we celebrated the success of the first ever Western Medical Student Ultrasound Symposium. This year’s symposium took place the weekend of August 23rd & 24th and was bigger and better than ever.
Following its inaugural success, the Point of Care Ultrasound Interest Group is pleased to announce that the 2nd Annual Western Medical Student Ultrasound Symposium will be held August 23-24th, 2014 at the state of the art Canadian Surgical Technologies and Advanced Robotics facility in London, Ontario.
Twelve months ago, point-of-care ultrasound (POCUS) was an ill-defined concept for the majority of medical students at the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry. It was a chance exposure to bedside ultrasound that inspired a group of students to team up with local champions to formally launch a POCUS interest group in September 2012. The […]
The point of care, critical care ultrasound (CCUS) program at Western University has become enabled with transesophageal echo (TEE) capability. The arrival of new TEE transducers that function on the bedside, point of care machines in all our ICU’s will allow for expanded capabilities in properly trained hands. With several Critical Care Western program faculty […]